I have spent a little time recently looking for a new role. I had forgotten how irritating some recruiters can be - I may well name and shame the worst at some stage. These guys forget that the applicant this month may be the hiring manager next month. I have listed some common things that I find particularly annoying.
- Not getting acknowledging applications
- Letting things drift without explanation
- Not letting you know timescales
- Not letting you know the process
- Readvertising after you have had an interview but you haven't been rejected
- Not leaving messages on answer phone
- Being unavailable
- CV scanning packages
- Not giving feedback
- Making an offer below your stated expectation
- Rejecting you after interview for something that was clear on your application
- Being inflexible about interview times
If you are a recruiter or a hiring manager that does these things then please have a thought for the poor guy trying to get a job. He needs your help to make the process as easy and stressfree as possible.